Program for the celebration of the holy Virgin Assumption
Monastery brotherhood and the abbot of Bachkovo monastery invite all Orthodox Christians to take part in the vigil at the temple feast of the monastery on 15.08.2017.
The divine services will take place in the following order:
Home on 14.08 in 19`00h with the Ninth hour with a small vesper;
19-20ch. intermission - break;
21h beginning of the all-night vigil:
1. Povecherie with Great Vespers. They will read prayers canon of Mary in front of the miraculous icon of Bachkovo.
2. Around 23h petohlebie(five breads).
3. About 24h the Matin - on this chinoposledovanie will be celebrated funeral of Mary, then will start procession led by the festive icon of the Assumption of the Holy Virgin and a copy of the miraculous icon of the monastery.
At the gates of the monastery will be served a public prayer for health and protection by disaster for the entire Bulgarian people. Then lithium will return to the temple.
4. Around 4`00 a.m. St.Liturgy begins on 15.08 the feast of the Virgin Mary for.
5. Around 7`00 a.m. After Mass in the courtyard will be done a celebration ceremony for health, then it will be done a litany for the temple festival.
6. 12`00h It will be blessed Kurban, who traditionally donates monastery brotherhood to all Christians shared holiday.
7. 18`00h in the evening will be celebrated the Great vesper.
The temple and monastery will be open continuously from the morning of 14.08 until 15.08 in the evening, while there are visitors.
The whole cycle of worship will proceed with the participation of church choir of singers from all over Bulgaria.
The monastery brotherhood provides permanent medical team, nonstop fire and police protection to ensure the security and compliance of public order.
Monastery brotherhood appeal to all lays to be strictly with the provisions of law enforcement officers to proceed the Feast - peacefully, quietly and piously.
The monastic fraternity constantly makes every endeavor to maintain the Cloister of the Holy Virgin at its best condition; this is the condition the cloister really deserves to be in, in order to welcome the thousands of pilgrims that visit it every year, truly beautifully and impress them.
The maintenance of the fund and the restoration of the many unique frescoes, inherited by the holy forefathers, could be quite costly and the monastery does not always manage to cover all the expenses. For this very reason, we turn for help to every Christian and to everyone who values the Bachkovo monastery, to contribute within their means and thus join our efforts.
Every charitable deed will be welcomed with honest gratitude and intercessory prayer in the name of Jesus Christ and the Holy Mother for wellbeing and success of the contributor and their family.